Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A most excellent day!

Did you ever have one of those really great days that nobody could screw up no matter how they tried? Well, let me tell you about the one I just had.

For starters, Dad made it through his heart catherization with flying colors. He hasn't always made it through these hospital trips so easily, but this one was a breeze.

Then, to make a great day perfect, our daughter presented us with our first grandchild, Hannah. I can't find the words to describe the feeling. The most beautiful baby I have ever seen just gave birth to the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.

Nothing can ruin my day. Mitch Daniels can sell the Wilbur Wright Road to Mongolia and George W. Bush can invade them to get it back. Today, I just don't care.

Did I mention my granddaughter?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Kole said...

Congratulations, Rex and all the Bells on the new addition to the family! I look forward to you playing the Grandpa role fully, with dozens of pictures for us to look at!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home