Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hope springs eternal...

For the last few years, I've been buying my work boots from Steve Guinn, a fellow Libertarian that owns Guinn's Boot Barn in Cammack. Cammack is a small village between Muncie and Yorktown that has both city limit signs on the same post, but that is another story.

Steve hooked me up with some Cape boots a few years back, and I've been buying them ever since. Cape was a family owned business in Missouri that made an excellent boot, then unionized, and then went out of business.

So when I called Steve last week to make sure he had a pair of my particular boots in my particular size in stock, he informed me of the company's fate, and he also told me he had three pair of the boots I liked in my size.

Now I had a decision to make. Should a 54 year old man with bad knees and high blood pressure invest in three pairs of work boots? I'm to the point that I seldom buy green bananas, or watch television shows that will be continued next week, so three pairs of work boots seemed like a stretch.

But I'm also a little bit of an optimist. I think you have to be to run for office as a Libertarian. The odds are kind of long. And the higher the office, the longer the odds. But I'm optimistic enough to believe that some people are getting tired of the ever upward spiraling cost of government, and some of them might consider voting for a Libertarian. And I'm optimistic enough to believe that some people are tired of seeing their property rights fading away, and they might vote for a Libertarian.

Heck, I'm optimistic enough to buy three pair of work boots.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rex Bell said...

I did. Susan says they will go good at the "big sale" if I don't get to wear them!

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm what size is it you wear?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Rex Bell said...

10 D, but don't get too anxious!!!!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home