Sunday, September 23, 2007

Timing is everything...

Sometimes things just fall in your lap. Sunday afternoon I was working on the October installment of my monthly column. It concerns government spending, (surprise, surprise!) and I had a desk top full of figures and numbers that I had gathered for reference.

Just as I was finishing, the phone rang, and a representative of the Republican National Caucus thanked me for my support of the Republican Party, and asked if I would rather send $100.00 or $150.00 to help them out in their conservative effort to rein in the government.

After my 3 minute tirade on the growth of spending and of the national debt in the last several years, complete with the percentages of growth under Republican Presidents, Republican Congresses and a Supreme Court stacked with Republican judges, I asked him why in the world a Libertarian that favored limited government should even consider donating to the Republican Party.

There was a brief silence on the line, and then he asked me if I would consider donating $25.00 or $50.00 to the party.

Sometimes life sucks, but sometimes it's too much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home