Wednesday, July 09, 2008

And then there were two...

I'm running for the Indiana House of Representatives District 54 seat this year. It's the same seat I ran for in 2006. I learned earlier this week that the only candidates in the race are myself and Republican incumbent Tom Saunders.

In 2006, it was a three-way race, with Democrat David Sadler joining in. In that three-way race, I was able to win 6 precincts, and finish second in three others. I recieved 22% of the vote in Wayne County, and 14 1/2 % of the vote district wide.

Tom won with 46%.

Now, I'm not pretending that the 54% that didn't push the Republican button last time will vote for me this time. But hopefully, some of them will. And also, hopefully some of that 46% that did push the Republican button last time will decide that their property taxes didn't go down while their sales taxes went up, and maybe some of them will be ready for a change.

Tom's campaign out spent my campaign by $190,000.00 the last time out. I have no doubt he will outspend me by a lot this time, too.

While I don't have as much money, I do have some better ideas at www.electRexBell.com .

And this year, it's just the two of us.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

Good Luck and God bless!! I wish there were more Libertarians running. I don't live in Wayne County, but hope to find a Libertarian candidate in Bowling Green Ohio, where my wife and I will be living then.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home