Sunday, March 05, 2006

Thanks Harry

It could be that there is such a thing as inevitable discovery, so maybe I would have stumbled across the Libertarians anyway. But my first contact with the LP was hearing Harry Browne speak at the 2000 convention. I clicked on CNN, Harry was explaining the great libertarian offer, and I was mesmerized. It was the first time I had heard anybody say what I actually thought.

That single speech prompted me to get involved. It changed me from a complacent, accepting Republican into a mad Libertarian. He pretty well ruined my life, and to that I say, "Thanks Harry".

I met Harry in Indianapolis in 2002, and saw and heard him many times at conventions and seminars since. Always upbeat, always inspirational, always classy.

The Libertarians have a lot of good ideas that attract a lot of good people. We also have a lot of good ideas that attract a lot of nutcases.

Harry Browne was one of the great ones. And you sure hate to lose one of those.
Good-bye Harry. And thanks again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home