Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask....

You meet a lot of interesting people when you operate a political booth. Last week at the Mooreland Fair, an elderly gentleman stopped by and said that he would vote for me if I would promise him one thing. He wanted me to try to get free eye care and dental care for senior citizens.

I explained that if we did that, it wouldn't really be free, that someone else would just be paying for it, probably his grandchildren. I then gave him a brief explanation on my thoughts on medical savings accounts and health insurance options that would result in fairer results for all involved.

He looked at me for a second, and then replied, "Oh, what the hell. I'll vote for you anyway. I'm sure not gonna vote for those other #&*)(!@#!!!!!

Now there's a ringing endorsement!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home