Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring forward, Fall back in it.....

They say every cloud has a silver lining. I may have discovered one for daylight savings time.

Now, I'm not one of those people who believed the sky was going to fall if we had to change our clocks twice a year. Neither am I one of those people who believed that DST was the saving grace for Indiana that would bring an influx of new business and good paying jobs. I guess I was right. The sky hasn't fallen yet, and we're still losing more jobs than we are gaining.

I am an early riser that appreciates the cool morning daylight, and I'm convinced the change had more to do with golf than jobs, but it didn't take me long to adapt to the change.

But back to the silver lining part. My wife Susan's delivery van has a digital clock that has been an hour fast since last fall. Neither of us can figure out how to change it. Come Sunday morning that will be one less thing to worry about.

Oh happy day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Rex, you want to hold elected office but can't figure out how to reset that automobile's digital clock? I wouldn't be publicizing that.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Rex Bell said...

Good point. We'd better trade that van before the next election!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home