Sunday, March 09, 2008

It's later than you think...

As I looked out into total darkness at 7:00 A.M. this morning, I am once again reminded that there is no situation so dire that government can't make it worse.

Now, I'm not one to claim that Daylight Savings Time is the end of the world. Certainly life has continued with only some minor adjustments on my part. I do have to remember that the clock in my wife's delivery van won't be right until one of the kids gets home to reset it. And while it was nice to see daylight by 7 a.m., I suppose it will happen again in about a month. Of course, by then it should be daylight by 6. But, as I said, I'll get by.

There is one thing I would like to hear, though. From Governor Daniels and all of the lobbyists and politicians that claimed DST would save us money and provide us with more jobs, I'd like to hear them admit that the change has actually cost us money, and that as a state we have lost more jobs than we have gained since it was implemented.

I don't expect them to switch back to the way it should be, but I would like to hear them admit that the change was more about recreation than business. My old pal Stinky Wilmont used to say, "Don't pee in my ear and try to tell me it's raining".

I think that's a reasonable request.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home