Friday, January 02, 2009

Thanks for the warning...

It's always nice to get a "heads up" about a potential problem. This morning, I heard on the news that people who received gift cards for Christmas should redeem them as soon as possible. Apparently, people who study such things have predicted that due to business failures, as many as one fourth of the gift cards may be rendered worthless in less than two years. Luckily for me, I didn't get any gift cards for Christmas. One less thing to worry about, I guess.

But, I also heard on the news this morning that the Federal Reserve is going to step in again to help our nation's staggering economy. Now, since 1913, when the Federal Reserve started stepping in to help out, the dollar has lost about 96% of it's purchasing power.

While I didn't get any gift cards for Christmas, I was lucky enough to get a $50.00 bill from my mother-in-law, and since the Fed is making plans to step in again, I think I'll hurry out and make a down payment on that new hammer I've had my eye on for a while.

Oh, and thanks for the "heads up"!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of gift cards, but using up their value soon seems prudent. As cash continues to be destroyed by the Federal Reserve, one might consider *trading* it for real money, or bullets.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Aspergers.life said...

http://podcasts.odiogo.com/

Click on a the icon and a voice reads your post - converting every post into a podcast.

I added this to my blog tonight and, surprisingly, it actually works.

http://www.endiana.com

And it's free.

(Sorry. Didn't have your e-mail address.)

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home