Saturday, October 02, 2010

Fairly even...

I've been encouraged this election season by the increased comments regarding the unfairness of the Economic Development Income Tax. While not everyone agrees on the specific duties of government, it seems more and more are deciding that it isn't right to tax the wages of employees, and give the money to selected and favored business owners.

While we need to create a business friendly climate to attract jobs to the area and state, we don't need our government giving one company an unfair advantage over another. And we see this in more than just the EDIT.

Let me preface this next statement by saying that I have a lot of respect for the Amish community, their work ethic and their way of life. My concern is not with the Amish, but again with the government.

The Amish have long been exempted from paying Social Security taxes. I congratulate them on this victory. I believe every citizen should have the ability to opt out of the system if they so desire. The problem is everybody doesn't have that ability under the law.

If a company is bidding on a project against an Amish company, the Amish have a 15.3% advantage on labor costs because of this discrepancy.

I have no problem with any business underbidding another business. Competition is good for everyone.

I do have a problem when government starts playing favorites.

That isn't good for anybody.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

要購買便宜房屋當然要透過法拍方式來找。
保健食品有衛生署是否有規範。
如果chocolate吃多了會發胖嗎?

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home