Saturday, February 26, 2011

Who's in charge here?...

I heard that the Democratic Party of Indiana is soliciting funds from its supporters to help keep its elected representatives over in Illinois. I hope they are successful in that quest.

A lot of people are upset that the legislators have left the state to avoid acting on proposed legislation. I'm not one of those people. I'm in agreement with Mark Twain when he said that "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the congress is in session."

I listen to the Democrat and Republican officials bashing each other and going through their antics, and I am constantly amazed that these same people feel not only qualified, but compelled, to dictate to the rest of us how to run our lives and our businesses, how to educate our children, and where to spend our money.

I'd be happy if the Democrats raise enough money to stay in Illinois for a long time. I'd be even happier if the Republicans raised enough money to join them.

And then we could set about making a few decisions for ourselves.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home