Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Just so you know...

  My wife Susan suggested a New Years Resolution for me tonight. I think it was something about the timeliness of some paperwork, or something like that. I thought about it for a minute, and it's probably a good idea, but here's the thing....I'm 60 years old. I quit smoking 30 years ago. I quit drinking alcohol 25 years ago. I quit drinking soda last year. I'm done quitting.

  I'm 60 years old. I'm not going to get any better. I'm not going to eat any better, and I'm not going to lose any weight. I'm not going to keep my office or shop any better organized. I'm not going to jog or walk except as a means to get from one place to another. I'm not going to run a marathon, or a mini-marathon, or walk a 5K.

  I'm not going to watch less television, and I'm not going to read some 1400 page novel.

  I'm not going to wear my seat belt, and I'm not going to do my paperwork until the last minute.

  I'm not going to join any more clubs or organizations.

 This is as good as it gets.

 Sorry, Susan. That's just the way it is.











  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home