Saturday, December 01, 2007

Usually always...

The other day I asked my salesman from the lumber yard when I could expect delivery of an item I had ordered. He replied that the company furnishing the item usually always delivered on Tuesdays. I'm guessing "usually always" means about the same as a "firm maybe".

This morning I heard an ad on the radio from a cable TV company offering 2000 "free" programs a month for only $40.00. My cell phone company claims that I'm receiving several "free" minutes of usage per month, although I suspect that if I quit paying my monthly bill, the "free" minutes would dry up pretty quickly.

Outside of the advice I've received from my parents and a few friends, I've always been a little suspicious of anything that was supposedly free. P.J. O'Roarke once said, "If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until its free." I'm sure he is correct.

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually always is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home