Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yah, thot wood sock...

Apparently the authors of the health care bill that the House of Representatives just passed were really serious about making sure everyone complied with the law. People who fail to buy insurance are subject to a $250,000.00 fine and up to 5 years in jail. Since the bill is almost 2000 pages, I haven't found time to read the whole thing yet. I hope my $10,000.00 deductible, catastrophic coverage policy suits them. I'm not sure I could come up with a quarter of a million dollars or 5 years, either one.

I do have some concerns for my Amish friends and neighbors, though. They're not the insurance buying type, opting instead to take care of themselves with an old fashioned co-op system. I have always been envious of the fact that they have been allowed to opt out of the Social Security plan that most are forced to fund. I hope there is a provision in the house bill that allows them to opt out of the government health care plan.

I just haven't found it yet.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The punitive aspects of this bill are stunning! How would this not be tyranny?

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home