Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Frankly my dear, I don't give a darn...

I don't know what an acai berry is. I did see an advertisement the other day about some juice that they make from it, and the ad promised that I would be shocked by the results if I drank some of it. I'm not so sure. It's been a long time since anything really shocked me.

I've heard people say how shocking it was when Clark Gable said "damn" in the closing scenes of Gone with the Wind. I don't think to many people would be suprised today if they heard it on Sesame Street. I've seen things on prime-time television that used to garner an "R" rating at the movies. 6th graders use words that I never even heard until I moved away to college.

The federal debt passed $12 trillion a few days ago. We live in the United States of America, and the government is about to make a law requiring everybody to buy health insurance. Every day we hear people demanding that the government take away more of our freedom and choices, and replace them with regulations.

So yes, I might be a little suprised by what some berry juice can do for me, or by what people say, or by what people do, but I don't think I'll be shocked.

Not anymore.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've been drinking acai juice about 5 yrs Rex. Before I started drinking it people asked to see my ID. Now they offer me the senior discount. Must be the juice. Consider me shocked.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Aspergers.life said...

I heard acai berry juice would cure baldness.

While it failed to rejuvinate latent hair folicles, I do have a very nice purple stain on my bald spot.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home