Tuesday, May 22, 2007

No, but thanks for asking...

We're 18 months from the next presidential election, and this one promises to be interesting. One of my favorite offshoots of an upcoming election is the barrage of letters I recieve from various candidates and committees.

Just this week I recieved a questionaire from the Republican Presidential Task Force and the National Republican Congressional Committee. A couple of weeks ago I got a similar letter from Barack Obama, and before that I heard from John McCain and Rudy Giuliani. I'm still waiting to hear from Hillary.

The message is always about the same, with only the names and parties varying, depending on who sent it out. And they all claim to be interested in my opinion, and they want me to fill out the questionaire that has places to put a mark by the statement that best fits my opinion, and send it along with a check or credit card number so we can stop the other guys before its too late.

Well, for the most part, the Republicans and Democrats have already taken about all of the spare money I had laying around that I might have donated to a campaign. And for the most part I can never find anything on their questionaire that even remotely resembles my opinion.

But I do hate to waste a perfectly good postage-paid return envelope, so I just load it up with some small government, Libertarian literature that answers the questions that really need to be asked, and send it back to them.

They probably won't read it, because I always get the feeling they are more interested in my money than my opinion anyway, but at least I put forth the effort.

If you would like me to send you some literature explaining the Libertarian Party and it's philosophy, just e-mail me at
lpwc(at)msn.com with your address and I'll mail it to you. I'll even buy the stamp.

Hurry, before Hillary and Mitt get the last of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home