Thursday, July 05, 2007

The lesser of two evils...

When my old pal Stinky Wilmont came of age, he took up with a woman of questionable moral character. Now today, I wouldn't consider that any of my business, but at the time, I felt compelled to offer Stinky the benefit of my advice. However, when I told him that his new girl was reported to be the biggest harlot in town, he replied "Well, this ain't a very big town".

I suppose he had a point. She probably wasn't as bad as some others. Still, I never really thought that was much of a defense.

We've recently been hearing a lot of the same rationale from the people that are defending George Bush and his decision to commute the sentence of Scooter Libby. The argument seems to be that since Bill Clinton pardoned Mark Rich and 139 other people on his last day in office, then George isn't as bad now as Bill was then.

For a long time we've been hearing that George Bush isn't as bad as Bill Clinton was, and that Mitch Daniels isn't as bad as Joe Kernan was, and that the Republicans aren't as bad as the Democrats are.

Of course, there is another group out there just as insistent that Bill wasn't as bad as George is, and that Joe wasn't as bad as Mitch is, and that the Democrats aren't as bad as the Republicans are.

I honestly can't tell much difference, and from the shape of things I'd have to say I'm not overly impressed with any of them.

What I'd really like to see is a few candidates that we could vote for because they are honestly interested in restoring the republic and the Constitution, not just a bunch of politicians that we have to vote for because they're not as bad as the opposition.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home