Sunday, May 04, 2008

Can I get an Amen?!?!...

Third party candidates usually face an uphill battle. For one thing, incumbents get re-elected about 95% of the time, and third party candidates are rarely the incumbent. For another thing, districts are often designed as safe havens for one of the major parties through a process called gerrymandering.

There is also the money thing. I was tickled to raise almost $12,000.00 for my campaign for the Indiana House District 54 seat in 2006. Unfortunately for me, my Republican opponent raised and spent over $200,000.00. He also won the election.

Still, I believe that our government needs some radical changes, and I believe the Libertarian Party has the best ideas for change, so I'll keep working for change, even if the odds are long.

That doesn't mean that Libertarian candidates shouldn't work to cut those odds, if possible. With that in mind, I called Reverend Paul aside after church this morning, and asked him if he had plans to appear on national TV over and over again, ranting and raving like a crazy man about something that displeased him.

He said he had no such plans.

I thanked him kindly.

Libertarians need all the help they can get.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home