Thursday, February 05, 2009

If I had my druthers...

Barack Obama wants to make sure that any company that receives bailout money from us taxpayers doesn't pay it's executives more than $500,000.00 per year. That's a good start, but I can't help but believe that if we put the limit at $5000.00, maybe those executives would work a little harder to find another way to make their company viable, and maybe not be so anxious to get into our tax pockets.

And while we're at it, could we limit the salaries of taxpayer subsidized professional sports teams, at least until their multi-million dollar stadiums are paid for?

Of course, if I had my druthers, we'd quit forcing the taxpayers to support private businesses, we'd let them succeed or fail of their own merits, and they could decide on their own how much to pay themselves.

That's, like I said, if I had my druthers.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home