Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who knows where the time goes...

My father has always had a theory on determining how long ago something happened. He maintains that if you aren't sure, and that if you would guess how many years ago an event took place, and then double your guess, the second figure would be closer than the first figure. As is usually the case, it turns out Dad is usually right.

Last Monday, I heard that it had been 45 years since the Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan show. I've been out of high school 39 years, I've been in business for 35 years, and I've been married for 33 years. My children are past or approaching 30.

It all happened a lot quicker than I realized. I never would have guessed.

This morning, I heard that Abraham Lincoln was born 200 years ago tomorrow.

Funny, but it doesn't seem like it could be over 150.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home