Monday, June 29, 2009

And a good time was had by all...

I haven't been to a Major League baseball game since the strike 15 years ago. Bull-headedness, I guess. I have been to a few Little League games, and a couple of Rooster games when they were in Richmond, and I sense some T-ball approaching in the next couple of years.

I hadn't been to an Indianapolis Indians game for a long time, either. In fact, the last time I went it was in Busch Stadium, just before it closed, I think. The last time I went to Busch Stadium before that, it wasn't even a baseball game. It was 40 years ago, for a concert with Richie Havens and Pure Prairie League. Or maybe Poco. I can't remember for sure. I do remember that we all sat on the ground and had a good time.

Last Saturday, a couple of our children and their spouses, and our grandchildren took us to the Indianapolis Zoo, and then to Victory Field for a ballgame between the Indianapolis Indians and the Toledo Mudhens. Lawn seating, so we sat on the ground and had a good time. A better time than I had 40 years ago, as I remember, except that the ground is a lot lower than it used to be.


Anyway, Susan and I enjoyed it, and the kids enjoyed it, and the grand kids enjoyed it, and since I'm not sure if there are any players still playing that took part in the last strike, I might have to reconsider this Major League thing.

Besides, I heard the Reds have a new stadium.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Emily said...

That sure is a good looking family! How old do you think everyone will be before they will all look at the camera at the same time?!?!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home