Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hog Heaven




I'm sure the people that want the government to make me wear a seat belt have the best of intentions. I suppose everyone that petitions the government to oversee my life thinks they're doing it for my own good. But I'm not convinced those people always get the big picture.

I felt the same way when I saw this story about PETA's efforts to replace the the famous ground hog, Punxsutawney Phil, with a robot. Apparently, PETA thinks Phil might be better off fending for himself in the wild.

Well, maybe. But it could also be that Phil knows that a lot of his relatives in this neck of the woods end up hanging on a fence post with a .223 slug through the skull.

Either way, I won't assume to know what Phil wants, or what is best for him. I don't think PETA should either.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on!




K. Wickes

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home