Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sounds fair to me...

I guess it doesn't take much to make some people mad. A lot of the public employees in Wisconsin are upset because the legislature in Wisconsin has proposed a bill that would require government employees to pay 5.8% of their own pensions & 12.6% of health care, and allow government employees the freedom to choose to not join the union.

I've always figured the fairest way to handle such things would be to pay people a reasonable wage for the service they perform, and then allow them to decide how to handle their own pensions and heath care. And I always figured people have always had the right to decide whether or not they wanted to join a union. Of course, I also figured people have the right to decide whether or not they want to deal with someone that is in a union.

But sometimes just thinking that seems to be enough to make some people mad,too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home