Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year....

As many of us had feared, President Obama signed the NDAA into law, allowing for the arrest and detention of American citizens without being charged, without the benefit of counsel, and without a trial.

I suppose there is a chance the Supreme Court might rule the law unconstitutional, although they run the risk of being arrested and detained without trial if they do.

I watched a documentary the other evening where soldiers were hauling citizens off to concentration camps and executing them, all according to the law. I wondered then, as I have many times in the past, (and as I did when I first heard of the provisions in this most recent bill), if there ever comes a time when a soldier, or a policeman, or a guard would simply refuse to carry out an order.

Does there ever come a time when the law becomes so corrupt that even people hired by the state to enforce that law refuse to do so.

I haven't seen a lot of evidence of that in the past.

I pray that we start to see some evidence of it soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home