Thursday, March 15, 2012

Endeavoring to persevere...

There's something to be said for perseverance. Usually. I received a call the other evening from Phillip, who said he was representing the Indiana State Police, and he offered to send me a window sticker if I would send him $50.00. I hurriedly explained that I was late for a meeting, and that I just didn't have time to talk to him right then. He apologized, and asked if he could count on me for $25.00. I told Phillip good-bye and hung up the phone.

A few evenings later, I got another call from somebody, (I couldn't understand his name), who also offered to send me a window sticker if I would send $50.00 to the State Police. Since I had a little more time to talk to old "what's his name" than I did to talk with Phillip, I relayed This Story to him, explaining how I had received a seat belt ticket last year, and how it had cost me a goodly part of 4 days work, plus the gas it took to drive to Richmond, plus a $25.00 fine.

I explained that I wouldn't be contributing until the State Police took a stand against mandatory seat belt laws for adults, and until I was able to recoup my losses from my last incident involving the police.

He apologized, and asked if he could count on me for $25.00.

I'm still not too happy about the seat belt laws, but I did get a kick out of old what's his name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home