Friday, April 01, 2011

Did you want cheese on that cheeseburger?...

There have been a few times when I've looked at a picture on a menu and said, mmmmmm!, that's what I'm ordering.

Then, when the waitress brings it out it looks more along the lines of:

I understand that orders get mixed up sometimes, and I understand that cooks and waitresses can have a bad day from time to time, just like everybody else. I've had more than a few bad days myself. But if everytime I went into that restaurant and the same thing happened, I suspect I would take my business elsewhere.

In the 2010 elections, voters that were fed up with government over-spending threw a lot of Democrats out and replaced them with a lot of Republicans who said they were fed up with government overspending, too. Of course, Republicans are always fed up with government overspending. During elections,of course.

To date, Republicans have proposed $61 billion in cuts from a $3.4 trillion budget. That's not even 2% of the budget. And it's starting to look like they may be willing to settle for even smaller cuts than that.

You have to wonder how long people will keep ordering from the same menu and keep accepting the same disappointing results before they finally stand up and say, "Where's the Beef?!"

If you're not at the Libertarian Party table, it's not even on the menu.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was mentioned somewhere in the news the other day that some of the Republicans that rode the tea party into office are turning out to be not so tea partyish when the rubber meets the road.

For some reason this was a not a suprising development.

Just kidding, I do know the reason is the siamesed two party stranglehold. Lies are necesary to maintain power and satisfy the sleeping masses.

K. Wickes

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home