Sunday, February 05, 2012

On my shirt list...

Back in the mid 1990's, I ordered a new truck from one of my neighbors who worked at for a car dealer up in Muncie. When I went to pick it up, I noticed it didn't have a rear bumper. When I pointed that fact out to the salesman, he and told me that I hadn't specified that I wanted a bumper. Apparently, bumpers were optional. It's been almost 20 years, and I'm still not completely over that experience.

This morning when I was getting ready for church, I reached into my closet and pulled out a shirt that I had received for Christmas. It is a nice looking shirt, but it had never worked its way to the end of the clothes rod before, so I had never had the occasion to wear it until today. To my horror, I discovered after I put it on that it didn't have a pocket.

I've always thought shirt pockets were one of the handiest inventions ever devised by man, hence the old saying, "It's as handy as a pocket on a shirt". I go out of my way to buy shirts with pockets. My work shirts have 2 pockets. With flaps and buttons.

I don't know who this Ralph Lauren guy is, but if I ever meet him, I'm going to tell him he doesn't know much about making shirts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Bell said...

Brooke is devastated. .

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home