Monday, July 09, 2007

"Guess I'm doin' fine"...

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm in the autumn of my life, but I'm certainly at least in late summer. It's gone by pretty fast, with only a few minor glitches, I guess. The Lord blessed me with parents that have stood by me through those glitches, and a wife that has put up with me for 31 years. My children and their spouses all seem to get along well, and my granddaughters all live within a few miles of home.

I've also had a job that I've enjoyed doing for the past 36 years, so when it comes right down to it, I guess I don't really have any complaints.

There are a few things, though, that I never did get done. I always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Never got around to it. I had good intentions of restoring that 1948 Ford truck. A lack of time and ability ended that.

One thing I really wanted to do in my younger days was to take in a Bob Dylan concert, and you would think that in forty some years of him touring I would have been able to make that connection. But like the guitar and the truck, it just never clicked.

But a couple of months ago, by a simple twist of fate, my oldest son called and said he was taking me to a Dylan concert in Indianapolis this July. I'm excited that I'll finally get a chance to see him perform, but I was also a little leary, imagining that I would probably be the oldest person in attendance.

But then I realized that at worst, I'll only be the second oldest person in attendance.

Don't think twice, it's alright.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time gone by with unfulfilled dreams never seem to be in short supply. My missed concert was Pink Floyd. But I've got a bunch of guitars and would be glad to show you a few chords.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Aspergers.life said...

Rex,

I'd be happy to give you guitar lesson for free. But I only know how to play the G chord. So, after the first lesson, you'll have to find a new instructor.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home