Saturday, February 14, 2009

Well I'll be doggone....

About every time I think I've got my blood pressure under control, something like THIS comes along.

Taxpayers in California just spent $13 million on a foot bridge, $196,000.00 of which was for statues, including statues of dogs doing dog stuff. All different kinds of dog stuff. Like the kind of dog stuff you step in. And the kind of stuff dogs do before they have puppies.

Considering the fact that California is facing bankruptcy, you might think they could do without statues of dogs doing dog stuff. But the "artist" that created the statues doesn't think anything is wrong, and apparently the politicians in California don't think anything is wrong.

I suppose it's only fitting. The ridiculous spending bills that continue to come out of Washington have me convinced the whole country is going to the dogs.

It's enough to make you bang your head against a fire hydrant.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home