Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The cinder in another's eye...

I've never expected to agree with President Obama on to many points, but I do try to keep an open mind. And sure enough, something we can agree on finally came along.

In his speech in Ghana last week, Mr. Obama chastised most of the African continent, declaring "No business wants to invest in a place where the government skims 20% off the top..."

I'd have to agree, Mr. President. And the United States average corporate tax rate is approaching 40%. A lot of business owners will be facing a tax rate over 50%.

Excessive taxes discourage business investment. I'm glad we agree on something.

Now if I could only get him to agree that business investment creates real jobs. That would be something else.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home