Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Be careful what you ask for...twice...

I wrote this story a couple of years ago about how sometimes people are just way to sensitive. I'm not sure things are getting much better.

If someone criticized our last President's policies, they ran the risk of being called unpatriotic. If someone criticizes our current President's policies, they run the risk of being called a racist.

I have a buddy that runs a fairly good sized construction crew. He told me at coffee this morning that the company had been having sensitivity training classes for the management team. Apparently someone somewhere has decided what names are acceptable to call an employee that just backed your new dump truck over your new pick-up truck, although I'm still convinced at least part of that determination should be based on how big the employee is.

He also told me that one of the guidelines in the workplace is that you can only ask a woman to have sex once. Anymore than that, and it is considered sexual harassment.

I asked him if that same rule applied whether her answer was "yes" or "no". He said he wasn't sure, but that he was going to ask at the next meeting.

I'm anxiously awaiting the answer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home