Saturday, August 08, 2009

Who's the monkee now?...

I saw where Monkee singer Mickey Dolenz's wife was convicted of housing fraud, involving the misappropriation of taxpayer money. That's a good thing, I think, although I just hate it for Mickey.

The other day I was talking with a friend who sells cabinets and counter tops for a local supplier. He was figuring on the kitchens for some government housing going in over in Dayton. In order to make sure the entire $37 million grant was used up,and to make sure they don't get left out in the future, the architects on the job had specified ,CORIAN counter tops, a high end material that a whole lot of working people can't afford.

Everybody has a story about some government agency spending more than they need to in order to insure that they get even more money the next time it is handed out.

I don't know if that qualifies as fraud, but it should.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home