Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Of coarse...

I've dealt with some pretty rough talking characters in my 36 years in the construction business. I hate to accused of profiling, but it seems like plumbers are the most prone to have a potty mouth. Occupational hazard, I guess.

We did hire a crew of brick layers once that required scrambling to keep the homeowners away from the job whenever the masons were on the job. Like I said, we hired them once.

I've never been shocked by coarse language. I have occasionally been surprised by where it came from. After watching President Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel on 60 minutes Sunday night, I have to wonder if he was ever a plumber. Or a brick layer. I guess I don't have any reason to expect that the people who work in the White House would share my views on what constitutes class. I guess there is no reason that they should.

I remember the first time I heard the F-bomb uttered by a grade school age girl.

Now I remember the first time I heard it uttered by a Vice-President.

I can't help but wonder who's next.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home