Friday, June 18, 2010

It just keeps getting better...



If she decides to keep me around for another week, next Sunday Susan and I will have been married for 34 years. We've raised 3 great children, who married three great spouses, who in turn have presented us with 4 terrific grandkids (with another one on the way next month).

She kept me around when I wasn't much of a husband, changed diapers when it was really my turn, picked up after me, kept my books, and supported me in every hair-brained idea and elusive dream I ever came up with.

She brought me back to church, and she's been my best friend for 36 years.

You might think that would be enough, but.....

This week I asked her what she wanted for our anniversary. She told me she wanted a new walking mower so that I wouldn't have start it for her like I do with the old one.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home