Sunday, June 26, 2011

Something sold, something new...

When you get close to 60 years old, the chances of doing something you haven't done before get a little slimmer. And even if you find something you haven't done before, there's a good chance you won't have the energy to do it anyway.

Ive been writing for a long time. The first thing I ever had published was a poem in the Hagerstown Exponent in 1962. I was in the 5th grade at the time. I've had a lot of letters and articles printed since then.

The internet made it a lot easier to get what you write in front of a lot more people. People can write a blog, or participate in an online forum, or just make a comment about at article if you are so inclined. I do all of those from time to time. Sometimes people agree with what I write, and sometimes they don't. One time a reporter from Florida contacted me to let me know that a candidate down there was reposting my blog under his own name. I think the reporter thought I should be upset. Actually, at the time I was kind of flattered.

But getting back to doing things that you haven't done before, last Friday I picked up a bunch of copies of "Stinky Shorts". It's a book of short stories about my old buddy Stinky Wilmont and me that I've been putting together over the last few months.

Friday night I sold one of the books. It was the first time I've ever sold anything that I had written. It felt pretty good for the first time.

By the way, If you're interested, Stinky Shorts is currently available in Richmond at Augustin Printing, in Hagerstown at The Corner Oak and Nettle Creek Hardware, In Cambridge City at Building 125, and in New Castle at Bill's Diner.

Hopefully by later this week it will be available at www.StinkyShorts.com

Right now I'm going to look for something else that I've never done before.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home