Sunday, July 01, 2012

Fairing pretty well, thank you....

Lt.Governor Candidate Brad Klopfenstein


  I just spent a hectic week working in the Libertarian Party Tent at the Wayne County Fair, and managed to work in one evening at the Rush County Fair. I'm running for 6th District Congress on the Libertarian ticket, and meeting voters at local fairs is a "fairly" inexpensive way to get your message out. Out of necessity, Libertarians usually run inexpensive campaigns. (If you would like to see one of them run a more expensive campaign, you can visit www.ElectRexBell.com ).

 I was encouraged by the number of people who said they were disgusted with the old 2 party system, and the old 2 parties, and I'm optimistic about the fall elections. I've been attending these fairs as a candidate for 10 years, and I've never talked to as many Libertarian friendly voters at our tent as I did this week.

  Of course, no one ever bats a thousand, and there are always people who cross over to walk on the other side of the aisle, and sometimes people stop just to tell us they're going to vote for somebody else.

  I had one person stop by to talk, and tell me that he agreed with about everthing I said, but that he was going to vote Republican. When I inquired as to why, he replied that he always voted Republican. I'll have to admit that would certainly simplify the voting process, but I couldn't say it has been working out all that well.

  I also had a person stop and ask if I was a Democrat. When I explained that I was a Libertarian, he explained that he only voted for Democrats. Then he held up two fingers for the peace sign, and walked off. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but I'm not sure the Democrats can lay any claim to the peace sign anymore.

  I never figured we would convince everyone to vote Libertarian, but I'm feeling a lot better about the number of people that have convinced themselves.

And I think more help is on the way:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home