Monday, February 15, 2010

What a bear....

I'll be the first to admit that a lot of today's technology has passed me by. A lot of times I don't know what commercials are even advertising. I only use about half of the buttons on my cell phone, and our VCR has been blinking 12:00 since 1986.

Even most of our grand children's toys require batteries or an AC power adapter. So I probably wasn't using my best judgement the other day when I bought 4 stuffed animals for them for Valentine's Day.

When I handed a Teddy Bear to 4 year old Hannah, she said "Thanks, Papaw. What does it do?"

I had to explain that it was just a Teddy Bear. It doesn't do anything.

I think I'll let Grandma do the shopping from here on out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob G. said...

Rex:
LOL...that was a cute story about Hannah...

Talk about kids and their "great expectations", hmm?

I don't EVEN own a cell phone, and I STILL have a BETA VCR (makes a good counterweight to the VHS VCR and the DVD player...!

I remember when "our" toys were rarely powered with batteries (they were "imagination-driven", instead), but when they were, it was those huge, honking *D* cells!

Try dropping one of THOSE on your own foot by accident!
(ouch)

Nice post.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home