Saturday, August 13, 2011

So how are things going for you?....

I know things don't always work out exactly as planned. Some days more so than others. One evening last week, after a particularly trying day, a neighbor asked me how things were going. I told him not very well.

The next morning I ran into an old friend and asked him the same thing. I remembered that his first wife had left him for another woman, and that his current wife was a real moron. I had heard that his daughter was on her 4th live-in, and that he seldom got to see his grand kids. I read in the paper a while back that his son had been arrested for drug possession again.

He told me that he still hadn't been able to find a job, and that he was starting chemo next week.

The next time somebody asks me how things are going, I think I'll tell them things are going pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home