Saturday, March 06, 2010

I'll second that...

It's not like I was looking for something else to worry about, but I came across This Story the other day concerning the recent earthquake in Chile. According to the folks at NASA, the earthquake affected the earth's rotation in such a way that we are now losing about 1 millionth of a second per day.

I guess we were already losing about 1 billionth of a second per day, but apparently I just hadn't noticed. I did, however, notice that I didn't get as much accomplished this week as I wanted, and I sure was relieved to discover that it wasn't my fault. I just didn't have as much time as I had last week.

Probably the most troubling part is not that we have lost a millionth of a second today, but that in 162,000 years we will have lost a whole minute.

And I sure am glad the folks over at NASA figured this out. I'd hate to think that any of my tax money was being wasted.

But I may have to start working a few Sundays.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home